ELEXON seminar: Introduction to the energy market
This one-day seminar provides a useful overview of the balancing mechanism and imbalance settlement processes and how the different industry bodies interact with them.
Register for dates in 2020
Due to the popularity of our seminars, we can only accommodate a maximum of 5 attendees per company to allow as many people from across the industry to attend as possible.
What topics will be covered?
- Introduction to ELEXON – video 7 min 42 sec
- The BSC – the basics – video 3 min 11 sec
- Imbalance Settlement – video 36 min 52 sec
- Imbalance Prices – videos 24 min 52 sec
- Supplier Volume Allocation 32 min 20 sec
- Performance Assurance Framework – video 24 min 31 sec
- New technologies: opportunities and challenges – video 14 min 19 Sec
- National Grid’s role as National Electricity Transmission System Operator (NETSO) – for more information please visit the National Grid website
- Electricity Market Reform (EMR)
Who can attend?
It will be useful to you if you are a newcomer to the industry, have recently entered the market, or are in the process of doing so, or have changed roles within the energy sector.
Our seminar is free for BSC Parties, organisations who are currently in the market entry process, not-for-profit organisations and students.
For any organisations or individuals who don’t fall under the above categories, the fee for attending the seminar is £390 (including VAT) per person.
Feedback from previous participants
We have received some great feedback from previous seminars:
‘I found the knowledge of the speakers really came through in their enthusiasm and discussions during their presentations. They were all extremely engaging and were able to discuss their individual topics by bringing them to life with real time examples.’
‘The ELEXON presentations outlining ELEXON’s role and the function of the BSC were extremely helpful. Having it explained in person really cemented my understanding.’
‘It was an excellent seminar, the experts clearly were experts in their fields and keen to share their knowledge.’
Other training available
The Balancing and Settlement Code arrangements are complex. To support our customers, we offer a variety of training courses, which can be tailored to an individual or group needs.