Tell us your views on our business plan 2021/22
We would like your feedback on Elexon’s newly published business plan for 2021/22
On this page
What’s in the business plan?
The plan sets out how we will continue to manage our services to high standards while delivering the BSC rule changes needed to help support net zero.
You can read about some of the key highlights from the plan below. The business plan 2021/22 is also available to download in full.
You can have your say by emailing comments on the plan to the Communications and Engagement team by 17:00 on 22 January 2021.
Our work priorities for 2021/22
In 2020/21 demand for our services increased as we served more BSC Parties and progressed more BSC Modifications. All the indications show this increasing demand will continue into 2021/22. Our business plan sets out a range of key activities during 2021/22.
- Progressing delivery of Elexon Kinnect
- Progressing Modifications which have potential to open up new markets and support new business models, including P375, P415 and P379
- Supporting implementation of regulatory initiatives such as Ofgem’s Targeted Charging Review, which involves overseeing the introduction of a much larger Market Domain Data (MDD) set
- Making the case to the Government and Ofgem for reforming the System Operator roles and consolidating the energy codes in tandem
- Continuing to lead industry preparation for Market-wide Half Hourly Settlement (MHH Settlement)
- Supporting innovators through the BSC Sandbox (where companies can trial concepts without having to meet the usual BSC rules)
- Making it easier for customers to interact with the BSC by progressing work to digitise code documents
- Continuing to deepen our relationship with our customers, and our understanding of their needs. This includes further developing our website and digital resources
Our priorities and the products we deliver for customers:
- Settlement & Invoicing
- Analysis & Insight
- Rules Management
- Customer Solution
Key year for delivery
Our business plan highlights that the coming year will be key for delivering Elexon Kinnect, our new cloud-based digital platform. Kinnect is flexible and scalable, so that we will be able to offer swifter support for net zero progress by implementing BSC rule changes more quickly.
The new platform will also allow us to provide speedier support to innovators from existing companies and new entrants.
Launch in January
In January we will launch the Customer Solution component of Kinnect, which will digitalise the market entry processes, do away with cumbersome form filling, and make it far easier for all our customers to digitally manage their BSC accounts online.
Our investment in Kinnect has been a feature of our business plans for the last two years. During 2021 we will further develop the Kinnect Settlement Solution calculations engine, a key part of our services. This work will involve migrating Settlement calculations from the current ‘legacy’ systems to the new platform. We will also design a new Insights Solution to eventually replace the Balancing Mechanism Reporting Service (BMRS).
Watch our video which explains the Customer Solution and the benefits it offers to BSC Parties .
More on Elexon Kinnect
A webinar that presented the business plan in more detail took place on Tuesday 12 January 2021. This webinar will be made available and published on this page in due course.
BSC Panel response
The BSC Panel are supportive of the business plan for 2021/22. Read their response in full.
Responses to the plan will be reviewed by Elexon’s board, and following this we will publish a final version by the end of March 2021.