CP1507: Updates to BSCP520 to align with working practices
Formal title: Updates to BSCP520 to align with working practices and UMSUG recommendations
The Unmetered Supplies User Group (UMSUG) has identified various issues with BSCP520 ‘Unmetered Supplies Registered in SMRS’; this Change Proposal (CP) aims to align it with working practices of Meter Administrators (MAs). These issues relate to removal of unwanted data flows to Unmetered Supply Operators, Equivalent Meter (EM) Operation, Electric Vehicle (EV) charging and an issue highlighted by the BSC Auditor. This CP proposes to address the following areas:
- Need for obligations on Unmetered Supplies Operators (UMSOs) to support the new measured Central Management Systems (CMS) arrangements
- Lack of timescales on UMSOs’ inventory validation process
- Scope for further clarification regarding receipt of Market Domain Data
- Unnecessary requirement for MAs to provide UMSOs with list of missing CMS Unit References
- Scope for clarifications of MA obligations relating to Dynamic Meters
These changes will support, clarify and remove potential inefficiencies in the BSC’s Unmetered Supplies (UMS) arrangements – including addressing an existing BSC Audit Market Issue. The UMSUG recommended that ELEXON raises this CP.
CP1507 was raised by ELEXON on 15 May 2018.
The CP Progression Paper will be presented to the Supplier Volume Allocation Group (SVG) on 29 May 2018.