TERRE: what does it mean for you? – 11 December 2018
This event provides details of what TERRE is and how it will work, and is jointly hosted by ELEXON and National Grid. We will add more information to this page in the coming weeks, as well as issuing weekly reminders in Newscast and on our website.
If you are a BSC Party, or interested in participating in TERRE, this event will cover the TERRE process to give you the information you need to help prepare to participate in the market once TERRE is implemented.
Who can attend?
Anybody who will be impacted by TERRE, particularly Suppliers, Generators and Virtual Lead Parties.
Registration now closed
Please note that registration for this event is now closed. Due to the popularity of this event we are running a second event, on 18 December, to ensure that more people can attend. If you would like to come along to the latter event, please email email@example.com.
What topics will be covered?
- Welcome and introductions
- What is TERRE?
- Introduction to wider access
- Walkthrough the end-to-end process
- TERRE timelines for delivery, and what Parties need to do to prepare
- Overview of the registration platform, summary of the processes and how to register secondary Balancing Mechanism (BM) Units
- Walkthrough how Parties submit a Bid and what happens to the data
- Despatch instructions
- Settlement Reporting process
- Key testing timelines and how participants can get involved
- What’s next, and possible future European-driven changes
Background to TERRE
Project TERRE (Trans European Replacement Reserve Exchange) is a European project to implement a new Replacement Reserve (RR) balancing product.
It has been developed by a group of European Transmission System Operators (TSOs), including National Grid. Modification P344 ‘Project TERRE implementation into GB market arrangements’ was raised in June 2016, and once implemented, will facilitate payments between National Grid and Balancing Service Providers (BSPs).
Similarly GC0097 ‘Grid code processes supporting Project TERRE’ was raised in January 2017 which will facilitate providers’ data submission and dispatch processes for Project TERRE.
Need more information?
We have a few sources of information that will be useful for you to have a look at ahead of the event:
- Modification P344 ‘Project TERRE’
- Overview of Configurable Item changes to deliver the P344 solution
- National Grid website
- GC0097: Grid Code processes supporting TERRE
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity (ENTSO-E) Project TERRE
- Wider access to the Balancing Mechanism roadmap
- TERRE and Wider Access: an update for market participants