Digitising market entry and registrations 2018-2019
ELEXON is developing an online service for customers who are considering entering the market, registering assets such as Balancing Mechanism (BM) Units or exiting the market.
How it relates to you
As part of Market Entry, companies need to accede to the BSC, provide and register key information such as the authorised signatories, market roles and their energy assets such as Trading Units or BM Units.
Currently, this process is heavily paper-based. The online service aims to provide digital forms with self-service access to your market entry and asset registrations data along with a guided process through the various routes you can take when registering different market roles.
- Completed: ELEXON and customer interfaces for Market Entry and Registrations processes
- Completed: P344 Project TERRE requirements
- Completed: P359 Mechanised process for GC/DC declarations
- In progress: usability enhancements
We invite you to join our Participant Management User Group to help shape the online service we are developing for you and other energy market participants.
- 16 April 2019
- ELEXON’s offices on Euston Road
- Presentation of the product
- Facilitating feedback and input on the product
Background to this Project
The online service is an initiative that is part of the ELEXON’s Foundation Programme.
- Lead: Hanna Pain (Product Owner)
To develop an improved customer experience when entering the market, exiting the market and registering with the Balancing and Settlement Code (BSC).
- Provide an online service for Market Entry, Exit and Asset registrations
- Deliver registration requirements for P344 Project TERRE
- Deliver requirements for P359 Mechanised process for GC/DC declarations
- Implement BSC Changes to enable implementation
Objectives of the Foundation Programme
The Foundation Programme aims to re-architect our central systems to deliver a flexible, scalable and open platform to provide settlement and other value-added services to meet the future needs of a changing energy market.