Digitising market entry and registrations 2018-2019
ELEXON is developing an online service for customers who are considering entering the market, registering assets such as Balancing Mechanism (BM) Units or exiting the market.
How it relates to you
As part of Market Entry, companies need to accede to the BSC, provide and register key information such as your authorised signatories, market roles and Balancing Mechanism Units (BM Units).
Currently, this process is heavily paper-based. The online service aims to provide digital forms with self-service access to your market entry and registrations data along with a guided process through the various routes you can take when registering different market roles.
- Completed: ELEXON and customer interfaces for Market Entry and Registrations processes
- In development: P344 Project TERRE requirements
- To do: P359 Mechanised process for GC/DC declarations
We invite you to join our Participant Management User Group to help shape the product we produce for you regarding this process.
- November 2018
- ELEXON’s offices on Euston Road
- Presentation of the product
- Facilitating feedback and input on the product
- Test product and feedback to Product Owner
Background to this Project
The participant management platform is an initiative that is part of the ELEXON’s Foundation Programme.
- Lead: Hanna Pain (Product Owner)
To develop an improved customer experience when entering the market, exiting the market and registering with the Balancing and Settlement Code (BSC).
- Provide digital self-service forms for Market Entry, Exit and BM registrations
- Deliver registration requirements for P344 Project TERRE
- Deliver requirements for P359 Mechanised process for GC/DC declarations
- Implement BSC Changes to enable implementation
Objectives of the Foundation Programme
The Foundation Programme aims to re-architect our central systems to deliver a flexible, scalable and open platform to provide settlement and other value-added services to meet the future needs of a changing energy market.