004 SVA Risk: Metering equipment changes are not notified
This page outlines the risk that Changes to SVA Metering Equipment are not notified, such that all members of the Supplier Hub do not use the current Meter Technical Details resulting in Erroneous or estimated data in Settlement
How it relates to you
Risk 004 impacts all meters in the SVA market and appears in multiple process diagrams.
Parties responsible for risk factors
- Licenced Distribution System Operator
- Meter Operator Agent
Parties responsible for operating controls
- Meter Operator Agent
- Data Collector
Risk 004 forms part of the Metering installation and disconnection process shown in the Risk Visualisation Tool.
Potential causes, or as they known in the Risk Evaluation Register: Risk Factors are the points of failure that could result in erroneous or estimated data entering Settlement.
Elexon has identified a number of typical failure points related to this risk, parties should note the list is non-exhaustive, and not all risk factors are applicable to every role type.
- Physical works to Metering Equipment (either completed by LDSO, MOA or third party (non-BSC) agent) are not notified correctly, or at all – includes notifications through Meter Technical Details and Site Technical Details
- Changes to the “”Complex”” status of a Metering System are recorded incorrectly or not at all
- Changes to Allocation Schedules for Shared SVA Metering Arrangements are recorded incorrectly or not at all
Parties responsible for operating controls should take note of the information below. This identifies the BSC Sections and Procedures relating the risk.
Parties should understand their responsibilities in relation to this risk.
Review the processes outlined in the following BSCPs and ensure that internal processes match the requirements:
- BSCP514: SVA Meter Operations for Metering Systems Registered in SMRS
- BSCP515: Licensed Distribution
- BSCP550: Shared SVA Meter Arrangement of Half Hourly Import and Export Active Energy
Impact of this risk on the industry
This graph highlights the probability distribution of this risk and cost incurred to the industry when a risk manifests over the course of a year
- Impact: £2.6 Million
- Upper Impact: £6.5 Million
- Volatility: Medium
In order for you (a party) to calculate the impact this risk has on your party, please multiply your market share by the impact as outlined above.
Risk Evaluation Register sets out further detailed information on the noted controls.
Support and training
Operational Support Managers (OSMs) are able to help with further information or training on this risk and associated processes
Methodology used for this risk
The following document outlines the methodology used to assess the Settlement Risk related to the retrieval of metered data.