006 SVA Risk: Incorrect Meter detail transfer on change of agent
This page outlines a change of agent, Meter Technical Details are not transferred or processed correctly or at all, such that parties do not use the latest Meter Technical Details resulting in Erroneous or estimated data in Settlement
How it relates to you
Risk 006 impacts all meters in the SVA market.
Parties responsible for risk factors
- Meter Operator Agent
Parties responsible for operating controls
- Meter Operator Agent
- Data Collector
Risk 006 forms part of the Meter change of agent process shown in the Risk Visualisation Tool.
Potential causes, or as they known in the Risk Evaluation Register: Risk Factors are the points of failure that could result in erroneous or estimated data entering Settlement.
Elexon has identified a number of typical failure points related to this risk, parties should note the list is non-exhaustive, and not all risk factors are applicable to every role type.
- Meter Technical Details were not received from a previous appointment on a Change of agent
- MTDs require manual input to allow transfer which is not completed in timescales or at all
- MTDs that failed validation checks are not resolved e.g. inconsistencies with other data flows
- Primary Supplier does not send up to date Allocation Schedule to HHDC
Parties responsible for operating controls should take note of the information below. This identifies the BSC Sections and Procedures relating the risk.
Parties should understand their responsibilities in relation to this risk. Parties responsibilities are outlined in BSC Section L: Metering.
Review the processes outlined in the following BSCPs and ensure that internal processes match the requirements:
- BSCP502: Half Hourly Data Collection for SVA Metering Systems Registered in SMRS
- BSCP504: Non Half Hourly Data Collection for SVA Metering Systems Registered in SMRS
- BSCP514: SVA Meter Operations for Metering Systems Registered in SMRS
- BSCP550: Shared SVA Meter Arrangement of Half Hourly Import and Export Active Energy
Impact of this risk on the industry
This graph highlights the probability distribution of this risk and cost incurred to the industry when a risk manifests over the course of a year
- Impact: £2.8 Million
- Upper Impact: £7.25 Million
- Volatility: Medium
In order for you (a party) to calculate the impact this risk has on your party, please multiply your market share by the impact as outlined above.
Risk Evaluation Register sets out further detailed information on the noted controls.
Support and training
Operational Support Managers (OSMs) are able to help with further information or training on this risk and associated processes
Methodology used for this risk
The following document outlines the methodology used to assess the Settlement Risk related to the retrieval of metered data.