009 SVA Risk: Data Aggregator Processing incorrect
This page outlines the risk that The Data Aggregator does not process metered data correctly or at all, including transfer to SVAA, such that the energy volumes required for Settlement are incorrect or missing.
How it relates to you
Risk 009 impacts all meters in the SVA market.
Parties responsible for risk factors
- Data Aggregator
- non-Performance Assurance Parties
Parties responsible for operating controls
- Data Aggregator
Risk 009 forms part of data retrieval and processing shown in the Risk Visualisation Tool.
Potential causes, or as they known in the Risk Evaluation Register: Risk Factors are the points of failure that could result in erroneous or estimated data entering Settlement.
Elexon has identified a number of typical failure points related to this risk, parties should note the list is non-exhaustive, and not all risk factors are applicable to every role type.
- Data Aggregator does not process energy volumes correctly, or at all, as prescribed by the BSCP timescales (e.g. aggregation run not complete / to time, failure to perform requested DF runs)
- Settlement volumes not submitted to SVAA at all or in BSCP timescales
- DA does not process instruction from Supplier Meter Registration Service (e.g. SMRS refreshes)
- DA does not process Market Domain Data updates
- System issues with centrally provided software (e.g. NHHDA)
Parties responsible for operating controls should take note of the information below. This identifies the BSC Sections and Procedures relating the risk.
Parties should understand their responsibilities in relation to this risk.
Review the processes outlined in the following BSCPs and ensure that internal processes match the requirements:
- BSCP503: Half Hourly Data Aggregation for SVA Metering Systems Registered in SMRS
- BSCP505: Non Half Hourly Data Aggregation for SVA Metering Systems Registered in SMRS
Impact of this risk on the industry
This graph highlights the probability distribution of this risk and cost incurred to the industry when a risk manifests over the course of a year.
- Impact: £3.0 Million
- Upper Impact: £6.6 Million
- Volatility: Low
In order for you (a party) to calculate the impact this risk has on your party, please multiply your market share by the impact as outlined above.
Risk Evaluation Register sets out further detailed information on the noted controls.
Support and training
Operational Support Managers (OSMs) are able to help with further information or training on this risk and associated processes.
Methodology used for this risk
The following document outlines the methodology used to assess the Settlement Risk related to the retrieval of metered data.