015 SVA Risk: Reference Data incorrect
This page outlines the risk that SVA reference data is not created or transferred correctly, or at all.
How it relates to you
This risk can affect all Party types.
Parties Responsible for risk factors
- Licensed Distribution System Operator
Parties responsible for risk controls
- Non-Performance Assurance Parties
Risk 015 forms part of the registration and appointments process shown in the Risk Visualisation Tool.
Potential causes, or as they known in the Risk Evaluation Register: Risk Factors are the points of failure that could result in erroneous or estimated data entering Settlement.
Elexon has identified a number of typical failure points related to this risk, parties should note the list is non-exhaustive, and not all risk factors are applicable to every role type.
- Licenced Distribution System Operators (LDSO) not creating or providing compliant Line Loss Factors (LLF) annually and mid-year
- Meter Operators and Data Collectors not sending LDSOs necessary information for use in LLF creation
- Profiling Administrator creates Profile information using inaccurate information
- Suppliers do not acquire and submit required data to the Profiling Administrator
- Market Domain Data (MDD) created incorrectly (inaccurate information is provided or information is applied incorrectly)
Parties responsible for operating controls should take note of the information below. This identifies the BSC Sections and Procedures relating the risk.
Review the processes outlined in the following BSCPs and ensure that internal processes match the requirements:
- BSCP 128 Appendix 08: SVA Summary Report
- BSCP 509 Appendix 2: MDD Change Request Entity Validation
- BSCP 510: The Provision of Sampling Data to the Profile Administrator
- BSCP515: Licensed Distribution
Impact of this risk on the industry
This graph highlights the probability distribution of this risk and cost incurred to the industry when a risk manifests over the course of a year.
- Impact: £590,500
- Upper Impact: £5.5 Million
- Volatility: Medium
In order to calculate the impact this risk has on your Party, multiply your market share by the impact as outlined above.
Risk Evaluation Register sets out further detailed information on the noted controls.
Support and training
Operational Support Managers (OSMs) are able to help with further information or training on this risk and associated processes.
Methodology used for this risk
The following documents outline the methodology used to assess the Settlement Risk related to Agent appointments.