February 2019 BSC Release
Scope of the Release
The implementation date for this release is 28 February 2019
The scope of the Release is two approved Modifications and one approved Change Proposal
P344 – Project TERRE implementation into GB market arrangements (Stage 1)
P359 – Mechanised process for GC/DC declarations
CP1510 – Allow the online management of registrations, Market Entry and Market Exit
Additional scope information
- Approved Modification P344 (Stage 1): All BSC Changes and the majority of BSC Configurable Items amended for P344 will become effective on 28 February 2019. In addition, system changes (CRA, ECVAA, and SVAA) will be implemented to allow Virtual Lead Parties to accede to the BSC and to register Secondary BM Units & related MSID pairs; this is to ensure that they are ready to participate in TERRE when it goes live in Q4 2019.
- Approved Modification P359: This modification will introduce a centralised and automated process for re-declaring BM Unit Metered Volumes following a breach of the GC or DC limits. These changes will impact Generators, Suppliers and Interconnector Users as these Parties submit GC and DC values.
- New Online Service: A new online service will be available to supplement the existing paper-based market entry process – i.e. the process companies need to complete when they need to accede to the BSC, provide and register key information such as your authorised signatories, market roles and Balancing Mechanism Units (BM Units). The online service will provide digital forms with self-service access to your market entry and registrations data along with a guided process through the various routes you can take when registering different market roles
Document review of Configurable Items for P344
On 18 October 2018, we published the first batch of P344 related Configurable Items for industry review. The second batch was published on 02 November 2018. The following documents accompanied the Configurable Items:
- Overview of Configurable Item Changes for P344
- Document Review Circular – Batch 1
- Document Review Circular – Batch 2
- Document Response Form
Note: The first review circular stated that the Reporting Catalogue would be amended. On further analysis, it was determined that this document would not be impacted. The second review circular corrects this statement.