Training on Metering
Who Should Attend?
This course will interest customers who are new to the electricity market. We also advice that you attend the ‘Technical Assurance of Metering’ training course.
This course will cover
- Commissioning and Proving a Metering System
- Data Collection and Validation
- How Electricity is Measured, Generated, Transmitted and Distributed
- How Meters Measure Electricity and the Difference Between Half Hourly and Non-Half Hourly Meters
- The Governance of Metering
- The Metering Code of Practice (CoP)
- The Electricity Act and the Measuring Instruments Directive
At the end of the course, delegates will understand:
- The Measurement of Electricity and the Commissioning and Proving of Metering
- Basic Principles of Understanding Generation and Supply
- Metering Code and its Relevance to the BSC
- Understanding the Rules Around Data Collection and Validation