Training on Credit and Credit Default
Who Should Attend?
This course will interest customers who want to understand the Credit Cover arrangements and in particular new BSC Parties before they register their first Balancing Mechanism (BM) Unit. We can combine this course with the short ‘The Basics of Imbalance Settlement’ course as a follow on as the two are closely related. This combination is highly recommended to new or future BSC Parties.
This course will cover
- Why BSC Parties need Credit Cover
- The calculation of Credit Cover
- Credit Default
- Consequences of Credit Default
- Payment Default
- Preparing to trade – Credit Cover preparation for new BSC Parties.
At the end of the course, delegates will understand:
- How Energy Indebtedness is calculated (Estimated and Actual)
- How Credit Cover Percentage is calculated
- The Credit Default Levels and consequences
- The role of the Energy Contract Volume Aggregation Agent in Credit Cover
- The role of the Funds Administration Agent in Credit Cover
- The Payment Default process.