Balancing & Settlement Code
The Balancing & Settlement Code (BSC) is available as either a consolidated version or in the various sections. The Consolidated BSC includes either an Operational version or a is a Legal version.
Complete BSC documents
There are two versions of the Consolidated BSC:
- Consolidated BSC – Operational
The Operational document helps you find a defined term or reference searching within the BSC. This document is not legally in force and does not replace or override the operational BSC published by section
- Consolidated BSC – Legal
The Legal document helps you find a defined term or reference within the BSC. This document is not legally in force and does not replace or override the operational BSC.
The following are individual sections of the BSC set out so that you can select the document you are particularly interested in.
BSC Cover PageRead More
BSC IndexRead More
BSC Section A – Parties and Participation
Section A sets out:
- the capacities which a Party may have under the Code
- the arrangements for admission of new Parties to the Code
- the requirement to provide Party Details to BSCCo and to update Party Details from time to time
- the requirement to register as a Party with the CRA
- the provisions as to withdrawal, expulsion or transfer of a Party from the Code