Business Definition Documents
The Communications Requirements Document contains detailed requirements for sending or receiving Communications between Parties and BSC Agents.
The Reporting Catalogue covers both SVA and CVA reporting, and sets out the data items to be contained in each of the reports mentioned in BSC Section V.
See Changes Awaiting Implementation for the latest conformed versions of Category 1 Business Definition Documents awaiting implementation
Communications Requirements Document
This document covers the communications between BSC Parties, their Agents and the BSC Agents where the communications interfaces are defined in the Data File Catalogue.
CVA Data Catalogue
This document, the CVA Data Catalogue contains information relating to all the communication interfaces between CVA BSC Agents or the Transmission Company and BSC Parties and Party Agents.
CVA Data Catalogue Annex ARead More
CVA Data Catalogue Annex BRead More
CVA Data Catalogue Annex CRead More
HH Instruction Processing Specification
This specification provides a detailed explanation of HHDA instruction processing. The premises associated with the specification are:
- Metering System identifiers are associated with a Distribution Business such that it appears to the system that Metering Systems can never change Distribution Businesses
- the appointment of PRS Agents is to a Distribution Business and not to a GSP Group
- the subject of a refresh of data from a PRS Agent is a Distribution Business
- instruction file sequence numbers are unique and sequential between source and target
- instruction sequence numbers are unique and sequential between source and target
Multiple BM Unit Instruction Processing Specification
This document describes the requirements for validation and processing of Notification of BM Unit Allocation (D0297) data flows sent from Suppliers to HHDA, and is structured as follows:
- Section 2 describes the requirements for validation by HHDA of the D0297 data flows and the instructions they contain
- Section 3 describes the requirements for processing by HHDA of validated instructions
- Section 4 identifies the implications of the rules described in sections 2 and 3 for Suppliers collating instructions, and provides a hypothetical example of a complex instruction processing scenario
- Appendix A describes the formats of the data flows required as a result of this document
NHH Instruction Processing Specification
This specification provides a detailed explanation of NHH instruction processing. It is a technical document which is aimed at developers. It outlines certain critical validation that is directly relevant to instruction processing. It does not specify all required validation. This is contained in the NHHDA User Requirements Specification (Reference 1).
This document lists the data items appearing in BSC Agents’ reports listed in Annex V-1 of the Code or where appropriate, provides references to the relevant sections of the NETA and FAA Interface Definition Documents (hereafter “the IDD documents”) which hold further detail on the content of the reports. It does not cover all of the reports issued by a BSC Agent. The CVA Data Catalogue and the SVA Data Catalogue cover all BSC Agent reports.
The meaning of the data items is not described or defined nor does the document describe the structure or form of any output files that would contain the data items. This information is contained in the relevant IDD Documents.
SVA Data Catalogue Volume 1: Data Interfaces
This document defines the interfaces required by the ELEXON-delivered or certified applications and BSC Procedures, for communications between SVA data parties. It forms part of the “SVA Data Catalogue” as defined in Section O of the BSC. All of the interfaces are cross-referenced to the relevant Programme documents (Technical Specifications, BSC Procedures and Service Lines) where the data flow and its usage were originally defined.