The ELEXON Board is responsible for:
- providing leadership to ELEXON
- setting the company’s strategic aims, including the approval of its annual Business strategy
- ensuring that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the company to meet its objectives, including approving the company’s budget
- reviewing the performance of the company’s management
- the governance of the company
- ensuring that ELEXON’s obligations to its stakeholders, including BSC Parties, are understood and met.
The ELEXON Board is ultimately accountable to BSC Parties. That means that BSC Parties can vote to remove ELEXON’s directors. Directors can be removed at the Annual BSC Meeting, or a General Meeting of Voting Parties can be requested at any time. BSC Parties also have the right to request a vote, at an Annual BSC Meeting or a General Meeting, on non-binding resolutions which will be advisory in nature for the Board.
Requesting a General Meeting
In order to request a General Meeting or a vote at an Annual BSC Meeting you should complete the General Meeting Request Form and email it to ELEXON’s Company Secretariat at Companysecretary@elexon.co.uk or by post to The Company Secretary, ELEXON Limited, 4th Floor 350 Euston Road, London, NW1 3AW.
The General Meeting Request Form must be authenticated by the Authorised Signatory of the Voting Party or Voting Parties making the request. The request must also be made by Voting Parties holding at least 5% of the Actual Voting Share.
For more details on how to request a vote at an General Meeting or the Annual BSC Meeting, please refer to the Voting Arrangements FAQs.
Actual Voting Share
Annex C-2 of the BSC sets out the rules for determining what a BSC Party’s Actual Voting Share. For an explanation of the mechanism, please refer to the Voting Arrangements FAQs.
You can see what the Actual Voting Share for your Trading Party Group or Distribution Business Group is in the Actual Voting Share Register. This register is updated at least monthly.
How to Vote
Votes can only be exercised by an Authorised Person or by a duly appointed Proxy. Please refer to BSCP38 in order to appoint Authorised Persons who can:
- keep ELEXON informed of changes to Trading Party Groups and Distribution Business Groups
- request a vote at a General Meeting or an Annual BSC Meeting
- exercise a vote on behalf of a Voting Party at a General Meeting or an Annual BSC Meeting
- point a proxy to vote on a Voting Party’s behalf at a General Meeting or an Annual BSC Meeting.
For more information on; how to request a vote at a General Meeting or the Annual BSC Meeting, how to vote at a General Meeting or the Annual BSC Meeting, or how to appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf and how votes will be decided, please refer to the Voting Arrangements FAQs.
The six members of the Board have a strong mix of multi-disciplinary experience and a composition that follows corporate governance best practice.
Our Board meets monthly. Read the Board headline reports.
Click images to see full profiles.