Customer feedback on Elexon’s management of the BSC
This page explains how Elexon provides an ‘end-to-end’ management service for the BSC and for our customers and highlights how we have performed during the past year based on feedback from our 2020 customer survey.
Serving our customers
Our 2020 survey of customer views showed that:
- 70% of respondents would speak highly of Elexon with 88% saying our service had improved or stayed the same
- 94% of respondents said that our Operational Support Managers are either meeting their expectations or exceeding them
Support during Covid-19
Our 2020 customer survey also highlighted recognition from customers for our support during the Covid-10 pandemic.
- Over 50% of customers surveyed said they highly rated our adaptability, an increase of 16% compared with 2019
- 70% of customers also highly rated our quality of service
- Customers also appreciated the support we provided during the COVID-19 pandemic
Managing the Balancing and Settlement Code
Driving changes to the BSC
P398: Increasing access to BSC Data was approved by Ofgem. P398 ensured that from June 2021, all data held by Elexon is assumed to be openly available unless the BSC Panel decides otherwise
17 BSC Modifications (changes to the code itself) were implemented
14 new BSC Modifications were raised with the industry
P375: Metering behind the Boundary Point was approved by Ofgem and is a ground-breaking change which supports progress to net zero by ensuring that activity by smaller asset owners is visible in Settlement. It will be implemented in June 2022.
Engaging with our stakeholders
We share our expertise with industry stakeholders and contribute to their work.
In 2020/21 we:
Supported the multi-product flexibility exchange TraDER, a consortium which is trialing a flexibility exchange on Orkney
We manage electricity settlement, an essential service where imbalances between electricity supply and demand are settled accurately.
Electricity Market Reform Settlement Services
We deliver settlement services for the Capacity Market (CM) and the Contract for Difference (CfD) schemes, through our subsidiary EMR Settlement Ltd.