Exemptions, transfers, derogations and dispensations


Within the BSC there are a number of different processes that enable companies to obtain metering dispensations, transfer BM Units, apply for derogations or experience the removal of qualifications.

Metering dispensations

If you’re the Registrant of a Metering System, you can apply for a Metering Dispensation if (for financial or practical reasons) the associated Metering Equipment will or does not comply with the applicable Code of Practice.

BM Unit Transfers

This page will answer questions such as: How do I transfer ownership of BM Units?; How do I change the BM Unit Lead Party?; How do I transfer a Supplier ID?

SVA Removal of Qualification

The Performance Assurance Board (PAB) can remove a Qualified Person’s Qualification if the organisation fails to comply with certain requirements and standards.

In this circumstance, the following types of market participants may go through the Removal of Qualification (RoQ) Process:

  • Half Hourly and Non Half Hourly Data Collectors
  • Half Hourly and Non Half Hourly Data Aggregators
  • Half Hourly and Non Half Hourly Meter Operators and CVA Meter Operators
  • Meter Administrators

Further information

Derogations from the BSC

Derogations can be applied for by any BSC Parties or non-parties with innovative ideas that seek to test and potentially change a particular BSC obligation. Applications for derogations use the BSC Sandbox procedure which allows BSC Parties to participate in the BSC Trading Arrangements with certain obligations removed or altered for a period of time.


Click on the X next to any of the icons to replace them with a short-cut link to the page you are currently on or search for a specific page.