Possible CAP decrease to £54/MWh – have your say
The CAP (Credit Assessment Price) could decrease to £54/MWh from the last notified value of £64/MWh. This is your chance to have your say regarding the new proposed price.
If the new proposed price of £54/MWh is agreed, it will come into effect on Tuesday 23 March 2021. It will increase the last updated CAP value of £64/MWh, which will come into effect on Tuesday 23 February 2021.
Impacts of a CAP change
The change can affect the level of Credit Cover that you are required to lodge, so we encourage you to respond to the consultation.
Find out more information, including when the new CAP could be implemented and how to respond by visiting the consultation page.
Please submit your responses to the Credit Committee by 17:00 on 2 March 2021.
Previous CAP consultations
- 18 January 2021 – CAP increased to £64/MWh from £62/MWh
- 21 December 2020 – CAP increased to £62/MWh from £56/MWh
- 15 October 2020 – CAP increased to £56/MWh from £46/MWh
- 10 September 2020 – CAP increased to £46/MWh from £36/MWh
- 23 July 2020 – CAP increased to £36/MWh from £30/MWh
- 16 April 2020 – CAP decreased to £30/MWh from £36/MWh
- 11 March 2020 – CAP decreased to £36/MWh from £41/MWh