Volunteers wanted for new proposed DTN flows workgroup
We are looking for volunteers, primarily Unmetered Supplies Operators (UMSOs) or Meter Administrators (MAs), to take part in a workgroup to discuss two new proposed Data Transfer Network (DTN) flows between UMSOs and MAs for exchanging Unmetered Supplies inventory and control file data.
A proposed change to the Meter Registration Agreement (MRA) Data Transfer Catalogue (DTC) will allow the exchange of Unmetered Supplies inventory and control file data between Unmetered Supplies Operators and a MA, via two new DTN flows.
One would allow the UMSO to submit the Unmetered Supply (UMS) inventory and control file data to the MA, and the MA to respond to the UMSO.
The benefits of the new DTN flows includes:
- utilising the DTS as a secure and auditable communications method
- automating the processing of information
- improving the consistency and accuracy of information exchanges
- supporting the future increase in numbers of HH MPANs
- providing a positive acknowledgment that the inventory has been processed or rejected, with reasons
Registering your interest
A virtual workgroup is being hosted on Thursday 8 October 2020 at 14:00 to discuss and refine the proposal.
We invite any interested stakeholders to attend the session. Please email [email protected] if you would like to be sent an invite to the Microsoft Teams session.