Elexon seminar: Introduction to the energy market
Registration for this event is now closed. If you’d like to be added to the waitlist please email [email protected].
The seminar will be held in person.
The seminar is an all-day event that provides a useful overview of the balancing mechanism and imbalance settlement processes and how the different industry bodies interact with them.
What topics will be covered?
- Imbalance Settlement
- Imbalance Prices
- Supplier Volume Allocation
- Our role as National Electricity Transmission System Operator (NETSO) – National Grid
- Market-wide Half Hourly Settlement programme
- Elexon’s digitalisation programme – supporting market change
- Performance Assurance Framework
- EMR Settlement Limited (EMRS): What is our role?
Who can attend?
This seminar will interest newcomers to the industry or customers who have recently entered the market and want to gain a high level understanding of the BSC arrangements and roles of other market participants.
Due to the increasing popularity of our seminars, we can only accommodate a maximum of five attendees per company to allow as many people from across the industry to attend as possible.
Our seminar is free for BSC Parties, organisations who are currently in the market entry process, not-for-profit organisations and students.
For any organisations or individuals who don’t fall under the above categories, the fee for attending the seminar is £390 (including VAT) per person.