Technical Assurance of Metering (TAM) education day
Elexon is hosting an education day on Tuesday 10 September 2019 to outline changes that will be coming to the Technical Assurance of Metering (TAM) audit in September 2019 and to introduce a new Desktop Audit process that will be implemented in April 2020.
The day will provide information on:
- The TAM technique;
- Introduction to the new Desktop Audit process;
- Future changes to the Technical Assurance Agent (TAA) service;
- Auditing Metering Dispensations;
- Certificate related non-compliances;
- The 2019/20 specific sample;
- Licenced Distribution System Operator (LDSO) attendance at Inspection Visits; and
- Providing site access to the TAA
If you are involved in the TAM technique (either facilitating Inspection Visits or correcting errors identified by the TAA), or looking to get involved, we recommend that you attend the education day to ensure that you are familiar with TAM technique processes and the upcoming changes.
The TAM technique monitors the compliance of Metering Systems with the metering requirements stated in the Balancing and Settlement Code (BSC) and its subsidiary documents. The TAM technique forms part of the Performance Assurance Framework (PAF).
If you would like further information on the TAM technique, please click here.