P350 Implementation: Introduction of a seasonal Zonal Transmission Losses scheme
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) Energy Market Investigation concluded that the absence of locational pricing for transmission losses has an adverse effect on competition. Therefore, in line with the CMA’s determination, P350 will introduce a Transmission Loss Factor for each TLF Zone (which will align with the existing Grid Supply Point (GSP) Groups) for each BSC Season in order to allocate transmission losses on a geographical basis. The CMA is mandating, through secondary legislation and licence changes, an Implementation Date of 1 April 2018.
National Grid raised P350 ‘Introduction of a seasonal Zonal Transmission Losses scheme’ on 4 July 2016. The Draft Modification Report for P350 was presented to the Panel on 9 February 2017, who unanimously recommended that P350 be approved. On 24 March 2017, Ofgem approved P350 for implementation on 1 April 2018.
Industry review of new Code Subsidiary Documents (CSD) and amended Configurable Items (CI) for P350
- 04 Apr 2017 – Industry review of new CSDs and amended CIs for P350 starts
- 21 Apr 2017 – Industry review of new CSDs and amended CIs for P350 ends
- 11 May 2017 – New CSDs for P350 presented to Panel for approval
- 12 May 2017 – Proposed effective date for new CSDs
- 23 May 2017 – CIs amended for P350 presented to ISG for approval
- 30 May 2017 – CIs amended for P350 presented to SVG for approval
- 01 Jun 2017 – CIs amended for P350 presented to TDC for approval
- 29 Jun 2017 – Proposed effective date for CIs amended for P350
Review of new and amended Configurable Items for Approved Modification P350
ELEXON invites you to review the new and amended Code Subsidiary Documents (CSD) and Configurable Items (CI) for P350 listed below and return any comment to ELEXON (P350Implementation@elexon.co.uk), using the review form provided, by 17:00 on Friday 21 April 2017.
Please see the P350 Implementation Circular #1 for full details.
*These documents are also impacted by changes in the June 2017 Release, which will be issued for industry review as part of a separate June 2017 Release Circular.