June 2019 BSC Release
Scope of the Release
The current scope of the Release is 12 industry-led changes.
P377, included as part of this Release, has gone live on 18 April 2019 as approved by Ofgem. We sent out the details in the Release Circular.
The implementation date of the remaining changes is 27 June 2019.
The document impact matrix is available here.
The approved changes are:
- P367 (“Removal of obsolete Supplemental Balancing Reserve (SBR) and Demand Side Balancing Reserve (DSBR) arrangements”)
- CP1508 (“Updating references to the British and International Standards within the relevant Code Subsidiary Documents”)
- CP1512 (“Improving the format of BSCP11 forms”)
- CP1514 (“Number of register digits for smart Meters”)
- CP1513 (“Updates removing inconsistencies within and between BSCP601, CoP3 and CoP5”)
- P377 (“Amending Gate Closure references in Market Index Data to include trades up to the Submission Deadline in the Market Index Data Calculations”)
- P380 (“Revision to Replacement Reserve Bid Data submission deadline requirements”)
- P381 (“Removal of Quarterly Reports”)
- CP1515 (“Meter Operator Agents to send Metering System Data to SMRS instead of ECOES for the Faster Switching Programme”)
- P364 (“Clarifying requirements for registering and maintaining BM Units”)
- P372 (“Speeding up the approval process for the publication of BSC data on the BMRS”)
- CP1518 (“Housekeeping change to address errors in the approved changes to BSCP514 for CP1515”)
We will also upgrade some technical components as part of the Release. These include upgrading the Funding Shares System (FSS) and the Energy Communication Platform (ECP) interface between the BMRS and the ENTSO-E Transparency Platform.
We plan to upgrade the ECP interface on 26 June. This will impact transfer of the Transparency and REMIT data submitted via MODIS to BMRS between 17:00 to 18:00 BST. We issued an Outage Circular on 18 June with the details.
The FSS upgrade will have no downtime/ impact on the industry.